2018 Tina’s One Little Word

Dear Laura and Friends,

Our annual tradition of choosing One Little Word goes back to 2011!  We didn’t write about the word that particular year, but we did the following year which can be found HERE.  For those of you who are new, the One Little Word project is like a new year’s resolution.  You decide on one word that may inspire a year’s worth of awareness and/or action.

One of the things that we do for one another is listening to what our goals and dreams are for our art and life.  We mark them down on a shared google document and check in with one another weekly over the phone.  About 90% of this conversation is done behind the scenes here on our blog.  The other 10% gets shared publicly in our letters and artwork.  The One Little Word project is one of the goals/dreams we discuss together behind the scenes and then make public in the hope to inspire others.

Last year I chose THRIVE, which I think served me well.  I did create some of my favorite pieces of art (check out my WEBSITE), sold more art than I have in the past, accomplished some big goals as an educator, and was able to be fully present to my family.

Here are a few pictures of my art created with this word in mind.

Now that I am in my mid-life clarity (I prefer to not have a mid-life crisis!), I am ready to SAVOR the hard work I have been putting out there.

SAVOR is my one little word for the year. 

I still have a lot I want to accomplish over the coming years, but I am recognizing the ephemeral quality of time and simply want to savor these good times.  Being in this reflective place has also allowed me to create a vision of what I want to do over the next decade professionally and personally.  I have never been able to do that!  I also can’t deny that my meditation practice has helped with this.

Thanks for being my partner in crime over the years Laura!

I am lucky to have you as a friend.

 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge